Friday, October 27, 2006

Dr. Seymour Hoffman and UNNA Thurman

Okay folks, here we go.

Got back from the Wound Center yesterday. I have been put in UNNA boots (see definitions HERE and HERE ). Basically my legs look like a WWI soldier's legs. I know, SEX-AY!

The doctor I saw yesterday looked like a heavier version of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I am not sure how I feel about that. I think he is a great actor, but I don't know if I want Capote touching me. He might have to be on my list of people not allowed to touch me. I might have to make that list. It worked for my big brother.

Anyway, I am now walking around looking like the Mummy, at least from the knees down. From the knees up, I still look like me. I don't know which is the better angle. I go back next week to get them cut off, and possibly have fresh ones put on. The big problem is that while I have them on, I cannot shower. I can only sponge bathe. Now I can get clean enough doing that, but it isn't the same. Unless I can convince Wifey to pick up a nurse's outfit and sponge bathe me, it isn't the most enticing proposition.

BTW - I know that the Ronnettes got me a gift, and for that I am very thankful. I don't know what it is yet, but I know it exists and I am touched by it. Not touched by them (not yet, heh heh heh), but by the gesture. I am hoping that the gift entails something Nurse-y. A man can dream.

So really not much else to say, but I wanted to fill you all in on the fun and frivolity that is my life and legs. As always, any questions/comments/concerns can be forwarded to the usual channels. Happy weekend everybody, and if you know Wifey, go see her new play. It opens tonight.

BSR

3 comments:

  1. from the 2nd link "Do not wear constricting garters or other tight garments such as tight knee-high boots, girdles, or overly tight panty hose."

    doh! no more Bond & Dom De Luise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Wifey won't be getting any "fashion shows" anytime soon, that's for sure.

    I can't believe I can't wear my girdle. I cook waffles on that every weekend!

    What? OHHHH, that's my GRIDDLE. Don't I feel silly.

    But the panty hose ban...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! New shoes! Leave it to a woman to see the upswing ;-) How long do you get to wear the boots?

    ReplyDelete