Friday, April 04, 2008

Gherkin, please!

I was scanning through some of my favorite sites when I came upon this quote from current Arizona Diamondback (and former Baltimore Oriole) Eric Byrnes.

Before I post the quote, some of you may be wondering why I am not posting this on the ol' sports blog, well, with the exception of the "Who's on First" routine from Opening Day, I try to keep overtly comical bits from that site. And "1st" is such a classic that it cannot be categorized like my usual peurile humor nuggets.

Anyway, here is the quote, speaking to the possibility of even more stringent drug testing in Major League Baseball...

Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Eric Byrnes on mandatory drug testing: ''I'd prefer not to have a grown man standing there looking at my pickle, but if they have to do it for the sake of the game, I'm in."
Talk about giving it up for the team...

No comments:

Post a Comment