Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Job Is Turning Me Into Seinfeld

Not the way I like to envision myself.

So I am sitting here, trying to post payments and do all those things that actually justify the paycheck that I receive twice a month, and the Nigerian Nightmare is at her cubiclette sipping her hot tea. Nothing wrong with that. Except that it is a loud, slurping sip followed by an audible sigh.

I was never a big fan of Seinfeld, but I thought it was relatively funny, and as an improv comic you need to be aware of things on the pop culture zeitgeist, which Seinfeld definitely was. Hell, the automatic spell check on Google Chrome doesn't flag "Seinfeld" as a made up word, and like most spell checkers it hates uncommon names. So I have watched more than a few episodes over the years, and there was one that had a person who sipped coffee loudly while in a night class w/George. And since the show loved to celebrate how something rather innocuous could drive someone crazy, you can probably guess the results.

I'll give you a hint. The reaction was not rational or reasonable by any stretch of the imagination. Hopefully, that is not too much of a spoiler.

So in between her yelling at people / voice prompts on the phone with her heavily accented English speaking voice, I keep hearing "sluuuuuurppppppp...ahhhhhhhhhh"

And it is driving me CRAZY.

Quite possibly.

Still waiting on that heretofore unknown rich old relative who always admired me from afar to go ahead and kick the proverbial bucket...

No comments:

Post a Comment