Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today's Mood Is...


You would be hard pressed to find someone who TRULY LIKES their job. True there are those who derive both a paycheck and a level of psychic income from their professions, but most of us are more about the bonus as a reward than we are the satisfaction of a job well done as another nameless, faceless drone in the world of cubicles and call centers (and when you are as lucky as me, those two worlds are combined!). I also think it is a safe bet to say that no one here in Purgatory is here for the love of the A/R - Medical Billing game. And when you have people who work for the money more than for the job satisfaction, and the bosses are off gallivanting about doing what owners do (18 holes comes to mind), some of those people are going to start talking.

I am all for venting. I do it to / with my friends, they do it to / with me. It is healthy to get frustrations out before they build up to a toxic level and then when someone parks in that spot that YOU ALWAYS PARK IN (even if there is no assigned parking at your job) AND EVERYBODY KNOWS I ALWAYS PARK THERE AND WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE...well, it is better to get it out before there is a Thriller-inspired fight scene in the break room (I thought they told you not to come around here!).

But what people have to realize is that while some venting is healthy, you chose to work here as much as they chose to hire you. You had to apply for the job, and accept their job offer. If things are as bad as what two particular people say they are, specifically Doo Wop and Razzle Dazzle (so named because she can go behind your back like Magic Johnson during the heyday of Showtime in L.A.), it gets a bit much. I would like some things to be different, too. And I make my feelings known to those who need to know. But for 20 minutes (and that is not an exaggeration, Ms. Gaza Strip Club. I checked the clock) they were on a diatribe against everything about this job.

So go find another one. Good luck. Me? I have too many bills to pay to leave just yet. Unless I find something better (I am still waiting on my corporate sponsorship here. I use a LOT of products in my every day life and I would be glad to extol their virtues here, while I am out, on my vehicle, as a T-shirt or some other tasteful clothing options...I am open to negotiation here). If you have something better for me, please bring it here tout sweet.

Until then, I will keep plugging away here and making the best of a sometimes bad situation. And drinking to make it go away. THAT'S the American way!

No comments:

Post a Comment