Thursday, September 04, 2008

Today's Mood Is...




with a bonus helping of...




Okay, here it is...
First, apologies go out to C3PO the Translator Lawyer for him having to find out about my life's upheavals here and not through a personal phone call. Maybe if the two of us hadn't been skipping trivia for the last month and a half it wouldn't have come to this.
Now, with that out of the way, on to business. My last day here in Moleville is September 26th. On the 29th I begin my new job, which is my old job. Confused? You won't be, after this episode of Soap...
Sorry.
But seriously, I have been hired by the company that is taking over my job, and will be doing my job THERE. What does all of this mean? Well, it means a little more in pay, at least to start. No 401K yet, but they are working to set that up (it is a smaller company, but it looks like it is set to grow. More on that in a sec). After 90 days, health bennies they pay 70% and I pay 30. But there is no extra charge for family. So that is another benefit.
And now for the best part...
This company (like this hospital before I got here), doesn't understand one damn thing about dental billing. Why is that good? Because they are interested in expanding their dental billing area once they learn what it is and how they can profit from it. And THAT is where I really come in. I talked to them about that very thing before they even offered me a job. They mentioned that they didn't know the first thing about dental billing, and I told them that I thought it was an untapped market. Apparently my thoughts on how dental billing could expand business, and that no one is really doing it, and they decided to offer me a job and talk to me about leading them into that expansion once they get the hang of the dental part. So there is the opportunity for moving up in the company, if I can show them how they can make a profit on it.
I actually have to go to a meeting this morning with them and my soon to be former boss about the transition, so I have to go now. But hopefully tomorrow I will be able to start pulling back the curtain on all the asshattery that I have only been alluding to all these years. I might just turn into required reading, kiddies!

1 comment:

  1. I am too late to try finding you at job at my own private Moleville?? (again, but they've changed the process a lot)

    Sounds though like you had a good meeting with the Bob's.

    Ooh, the new Metallica album will be out before you leave so you could play it for the enjoyment of those around you during your last week?

    ReplyDelete