Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My job gives me bus butt

It is currently 5:05 pm EDT on Wednesday September 20th 2006. I am on hold with MetLife, waiting to ask a representative about a patient's claim. I have been on hold for 4 minutes, listening to the same horrible "smooth jazz" guitar riff over and over again, interrupted only by a cloying voice telling me how I can do things online and get paid automatically and never have to call MetLife again. Of course, we DO file electronically, and I have to call them all the time to get them to fix mistakes. But here is the thing, after I go through the phone prompt dance (I want to choke that bastard on there), I am put on hold with an opening caveat of "we are experienceing higher than normal call volume, so your wait may be longer than usual". Well, for the better part of the last 3 years I have been calling MetLife off and on to get information (and to get them to fix there mistakes), and EVERY time I have called them, I have gotten that warning.

So that tells me that either

1) Metlife is really a popular insurance (those Snoopy commercials must REALLY pay off) and they need to hire some more people, or...

2) MetLife sucks.

I'm going with option 2.

Also, since I started entering this, someone answered the phone. I was expecting someone with a Hindi accent, since a lot of call centers are now in Pakistan and India, and I expected MelLife to be no different. Well imagine my surprise when "Jim" answered, because he sounds, for lack of a better description, like a Swede with a hairlip. Not the easiest guy to communicate with.

God but I need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment