Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Today's Mood Is...


Yes, Willem is helping me celebrate the fact that Larry the Upstairs Neighbor just told me that he has ONE seat left to go see Spider Man 3 at Arundel Mills tonight (he had 2 and decided that he wanted to use one of them, the greedy bastard). So, with apologies to Wifey, who I WILL go see the movie with later on, I am going to the show tonight.
I need to let you all know something. I am very particular about going to see movies. I like to be able to enjoy a movie, and because of that I have an unwritten law of waiting at least 2 to 3 weeks before I will go see a movie. The more popular the movie the longer the self imposed exile. The only exception is when Larry and our friend "The Connection" get passes for sneak previews for movies. You see, "The Connection" (and yes, his name will ALWAYS be in quotation marks) is the guy who sets up the previews for the critics and for the radio stations who give away tickets to caller #9. When he has extra space above and beyond those commitments, he tells his friends and it is first come first serve. Well, Larry came first (usually that isn't a compliment, but it is today), and thanks to him, I am getting served (and it doesn't even require me to "pop and lock").
So as I sit here in cubicle hell, all I can think about is that in five and a half hours I will be sitting with an overpriced bucket of popcorn, watching Spidey, Venom, and Sandman (and the "New Goblin". Normally that would give me he heebie-jeebies, but since it is in Sam Raimi's hands, I will go in open minded).
I will let you know if it is in fact as awesome as I hope and pray it will be either tomorrow or Friday. Probably.
BSR (Big Spiderman 3-going-to-see Ron. For today anyway)

1 comment:

  1. wha?!? i missed spidey 3? curses!

    sadface

    where's the review? spit it out!

    ReplyDelete