Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Ultimate Sacrifice

Those of you who have read this piece of self indulgence for any length of time know that Wifey and I are the Mr. and Mrs. Jack Sprat of room and body temperature. I am always warm, she is cold. Well, last night I came home from the 2nd job and was more than a tad overheated. It had been in the 80's almost the entire day, and while not humid, it was warm. Add to that the fact that I am not the skinniest guy on the planet (or in the average big and tall store. If you want to play a fun game, go into a big and tall store and see how long it takes for a tall guy to come in. I would tell you to pack a lunch, but you would be mauled by fat guys as soon as you opened the bag). In addition to all of that factor in that the required uniform for job 2 is a polyester security guard outfit, and we all know how well polyester breathes. So you could say I was on the warm side.

Because of that, when I got home and prepped for bed, I moved the blanket that I had been using to the laundry hamper and laid out for a nice restful night of sleep. I turned my fan on, as is my custom, and drifted off rather quickly, because I was exhausted.

It seems that at some point in the night I got cooled off and then some, because I apparently took one of Wifey's 17b blankets for myself. I do not recall doing this, but I do know that I woke up with a blanket on. It would be nice to think that Wifey woke up and saw that I had become cold during the night and covered me at great sacrifice to herself and her comfort. However, we know that is not the case because she told me multiple times that she was unhappy with me for stealing her blanket and blah blah blah. Not that I am unsympathetic to her "waking up freezing", since she was down to 16 blankets and a few bedsheets. But now I am aware of her suffering, and it has been acknowledged. So to Wifey I present the Ultimate Sacrifice Award for April 24th, 2007. Her allowing me to take a blanket from her while we were both unconscious is truly worthy of this award, as her herculean efforts to continue to sleep through the night with an internal blanket temperature of 137 degrees kelvin (it is usually 139) show the lengths she will go through to succor me.

I love you too honey.

BSR

No comments:

Post a Comment