Thursday, June 12, 2008

When Wifey's Attack

One of the things that attracted me to Wifey (or to be more precise, one of the things that attracted me to her after I took note of her obvious assets) was her inner strength. I learned early on how committed she was to friends and family, and how she stood tall in the face of adversity. Those are very appealing qualities.

Something that I did NOT know until it was way too late for my own safety, however, is how much outer strength she has. Many of you have heard about the horrific car accident she was in a few years ago, as well as her recovery. Many of you have also heard about how, a few months after leaving the rehab hospital and on one of her first real jaunts outside, we were walking uphill in Towson (along York Road passing the Ruby Tuesday's for those of you with the geographical / commercial real estate knowledge to picture that in your minds) as (unbeknownst to us) a man was riding downhill on the same side of the street as us. He was weaving in and out of the pedestrians and before we could react he was all but on top of us. I could not move in between Ghost Rider and Wifey before "The Collision".

Ghost Rider never stood a chance.

As Ghost Rider fell to the ground unconscious, Wifey responded as if someone had hit her shoulder with an underhand tossed M & M, looking around to find the culprit. It wasn't until the bike clanged onto the concrete that she noticed it. It wasn't until the people standing around that had witnessed the occurrence stood in mute silence staring at her that she squatted down to help up the man that had just been hit so hard that he forgot his mother's maiden name. It wasn't until he came to and realized that he had not in fact run into a brick wall but instead a slightly taller than usual, medium build black woman who was now trying to help him up that he suddenly became indignant, loudly saying "Get the hell off of me!" while jumping to his feet and then staggering off, leaning to his left and moving toward Burke Street at about a 15 degree angle.

Basically, what I am saying is Wifey is strong.

When she is asleep and she hits / kicks / pummels me, I let it slide. But when we are both awake and I am sick and she whacks me and then calls me a wuss for complaining that it hurts, telling me I am "exaggerating", well, I have to speak up. And beg you to help me. I don't know how, but please, if nothing else buy me some band-aids for to cover my wounds. Pray for me. And in order to benefit yourself, buy stock in Ace Bandages now while it is still relatively cheap. It's not going to stay that way.

BSR (bruised shirtless ron)

No comments:

Post a Comment