Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Observations from a Cubicle



I have a cold.  Hell, 2/3 of the population probably has one right now.  White Trash Gwyneth Paltrow has been coughing a lot, making a sound I can only equate to something I have never heard but know I would know if I heard, and that is of a seal in heat.  But I am one of the unfortunate majority and expect sympathy commensurate with my illness.

Wifey is sick, too.  In fact, she is the one that gave it to me.  But that is part of being married.  You have to say "in sickness and in health" right there in front of everybody.  I just don't like it when it is so literal.

**side note** Right now, every time I exhale, my left nostril is making a sound like a very small high speed drill, almost the same sound as a dentist's drill.  I am finding this highly amusing.

So anyway, I have been sneezing off and on all day.  So have a lot of other people.  Most people get a bless you most of the time (probably about 75-85% of the time if you sneeze someone will say "bless you", even the atheists, which amuses me).  There have been a couple of times that no one has said it when I have sneezed.  No big deal.

But when Brother Chinn #1 (the one I met first, and the one who sits in Cubicle Row with the common folks) sneezes, the entire office almost falls over themselves to say "bless you" to him.  And yes I have been as guilty of this as everyone else, without even realizing I was doing it until I sneezed about 3 minutes after he did and no one said it to me, then he sneezed again and EVERYONE (including me) said it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment