Monday, February 16, 2009

Today's Mood Is...


I learned a long time ago that I can only be myself and let the chips fall where they may, in regards to making friends and influencing people.  Do I care what other people think?  To a degree I think everyone does.  I care more what people I consider friends think of me than I do some random person on the street or some person I am forced to interact with because of work.

Like Okoye, for instance...

I had some lasagna for lunch.  I have some frozen meals I keep in the office in order to try to not spend a butt-load of money all the time going out for lunch.  I might go out once, sometimes twice a week, if for no other reason than I need to get out of the office and away from the stupidity for a while.  I usually travel with Gaza Strip Club and Doo Wop, and the three of us vent and generally act a fool up in here until we get back to the office.  But for the most part I try to keep it simple and relatively inexpensive.

Now at this point I should tell you that the lasagna was labeled as "cheesy garlic lasagna with meat sauce".  I like garlic, and I like cheesy lasagna, so it is a no brainer for me.  I have it a couple of times per month, at least every other week, sometimes 2 or 3 weeks in a row (but not on consecutive days, lest I get completely burnt out).

So Okoye walked past and commented that it smelled rather garlicky in the office.  My emptied lasagna tray is in the trash can next to me, and I would not be at all surprised if I am wafting a bit of garlic-ness in the air.  I said that it was probably me that she smelled.  Before I could explain further why that was she gave me a funny look and rolled her eyes at me.  So I said the next thing that popped into my mind...

That my farts smell like garlic.  EXACTLY LIKE GARLIC.  

And to top it off I also said that my belches smelled of strawberry cream cheese.  Because I felt like taking it up another notch.

She got disgusted and turned away.  Doo Wop and Gaza laughed.  And I continued to not give a flying fark about it either way.

Must be a Monday.  Also a banker's holiday.  That's the only way I can figure it out.

1 comment:

  1. stoopid bankers, taking holidays and not giving me loans.

    does Okoye leave food in the fridge? if yes would it be possible to add garlic to it in the future? figured that might blend in better than strawberry cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete