Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today's Mood Is...


So one of the NAIH's (New And Improved Hens) here in Purgatory was trying to find out if someone in the hospital that had been referred to our office was eligible for Medical Assistance.  She kept asking them questions, and one question over and over and over again.

***I should add at this point that I found out after the fact that the patient is Hispanic and English was, at best, a 3rd language.  It doesn't change what happened, but it makes it make more sense***

So she kept talking, and getting louder and louder as she got more and more frustrated with this patient.  And then, about 27 times in a row, she asked him / her (I never found out which it was) "ARE YOU A CITIZEN?"

And all I could think about was Michael Ironsides with a cybernetic hand.  And Dina Meyer, who I think had hands, but I am not 100% sure.  I wasn't looking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment