Monday, April 27, 2009

Today's Mood Is...

GEHA Lady called back today, with the client on the line.  They both started yelling at me because the client has BCBS as the primary, GEEE-HAAW as secondary, and "Priority Planning" (she meant Priority Partners) as tertiary insurance and why the hell am I saying that I billed GEEE-HAAAW when I billed BCBS and why am I billing Priority Planning when I SHOULD be billing GEEEE-HAAAAW and...

It went on for a few minutes.  You get the gist.

So after they were done with their taking turns complaining and mouth breathing, I asked the GEHA Lady and her client a question...

"Do you know what your insurance is?"

And I explained to THEM that the "G" in GEEEE-HAAAAAAAAWWWW stood for "Government", and that the EOB (Explanation of Benefits) they received from BCBS IS the EOB from GEHA, since it said on the top of it "Federal Employee Program".  GEHA is a company that works with government agencies that hire civilians and matches them up with government sponsored insurance...

Basically, GEHA is an insurance broker that contracts specifically with the gubmint in order to save the gubmint money they would have to spend on a BUNCH of HR staffs at a bunch of different companies.

So, basically, I was right the whole time.  But don't worry, I won't let it go to my head.  It would just burn off up there, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment