Friday, April 24, 2009

Today's Mood Is...


Saw the new Star Trek last night (BSR has the hook up.  HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!).  I don't know if I am allowed to talk about it all that much, but let me say this...


Here is Big Shirtless Ron's Spoiler-Free Review:


TOTALLY

FREAKING

AWESOME

I am not known as being a huge fan of sci-fi.  I watched some re-runs of the original series, enjoyed TNG when I caught it on, and never really tuned in to DS9 or Voyager.  I can honestly say that I never saw one minute of "Enterprise".  But this movie was incredible.  Start to finish, it took what had become a tired storyline with 45 years of continuity to deal with and dance around and completely re-imagined it, making it possible for the storyline to go ANYWHERE it wants to from here.

I can only hope that they have J.J. Abrams and the entire cast signed for AT LEAST 2 sequels.  And make sure you keep those writers around.

I do have stories to tell about the audience itself, but since I am out of here in 15 minutes those will have to wait for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment