Friday, October 17, 2008

It has begun ANEW...

I have about 90 minutes until I get to leave dayjob (I do not have a better name than that currently for the day job. And I do not feel like putting valuable mind power behind it right now). I do work tonight, but it is with Kathy and Matt and usually pretty low-key and easy. I went to Polock Johnny's for lunch and had two (2) polocks with everything (chili AND the works), a large order of freshly beer battered onion rings, and a jumbo home made, freshly squeezed lemonade. Pretty much the entire office has gone to about 25% work capacity, mainly we are bullshitting back and forth, with small spurts of work blended in for appearance. The Brothers Grimm-Chin (the brothers who own this place have prominent chins) are off being business owners who do not have to be in their office 18 hours a day, 6 days a week. I do not begrudge them that (although I am a bit envious of the freedom they have, it is not with any jealousy mixed in). So for now, everything seems about as copacetic as possible, right?


Spaghetti Sauce (she's pregnant. Or Prego...) just waddled past my desk and dropped off an order form for her daughter's school fund raiser (from the sounds of things, her husband and her are hardcore Catholics, at least when it comes to birth control. I don't know about anything else, but I am glad neither of them are drummers in a band, because they have no method for keeping rhythm). Yes, I have been working here for just under 3 weeks and already I have to buy some freaking candle for some ankle biter that I will (in all likelihood) never meet, but who will, in absentia, be selling me useless shit on average of 2-3 times per semester (why the hell they have to charge so much for private school when they are selling some damn thing every other week as a fund raiser is beyond me. With the way they sell crap on a regular basis the damn kids should get some kind of stipend or commission for all of their hard work. Except for the fact that the parents do all the damn work...).


So I will be waiting patiently for my apple nut muffin scented candle. And silently cursing the skies for not sending me to an office full of sterile women.


4 PM can NOT come soon enough for me.


BSR

No comments:

Post a Comment