Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Today's Mood Is...


Narrow Face is rocking out to the Lite FM again. The problem is that, especially earlier in the morning, my mind is not nearly as capable of filtering out background noise. And if that background noise is a low volume radio station playing innocuous rock, and certain people listening to the station like to sing along, well...
For the last 30 minutes I have had "Turn around Bright Eyes" looping through my head. You might remember that as the closing refrain from "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler (WHY THE HELL DO I REMEMBER THAT?!?!?!). The very end where the guy is singing falsetto.
OVER AND OVER AND OVER...
And now she just finished singing along to "King of Pain" by The Police. I do think that is a better song (of course, how could it compare to Bonnie Tyler? I celebrate her entire catalog). But listening to it performed by Sting is one thing. Hearing it performed by the Nasal Dundalk Queen is a WHOLE 'NOTHER ANIMAL.
I have not been a regular drinker since my days working and hanging out in Fell's Point. If this continues at this pace, I might just go back to the dark side.
The dark side has pie...
BSR

No comments:

Post a Comment